Winter Travel Reminders!
Hello Brothers and Sisters:
With the non-typical winter weather we are experiencing, I thought it prudent to do this reminder.
Please remember that even though the weather is good today, it can change quick quickly.
- Ensure that in your travels, you have a 72-hour and winter driving kit with you at all
- Let someone know when you are leaving, and when you plan to arrive, as well as travel
- Have winter clothing, easily accessible, bring an extra blanket.
- Ensure you always have at least a ½ tank of fuel, and a jerry can.
- Electric vehicles, ensure you have sufficient charge so if you are stopped by weather or
breakdown, you have enough charge to last a few hours.
- Have high energy food/snacks and water with you.
- Check local weather, and weather along your travel route.
- Have your cell phone fully charged at all times, consider having a battery pack.
- Know your limits, both for driving various weather condition, and the roads you will be
- Take breaks, 5 minutes every hour, will keep you focused and energized.
- Ask for the Lord’s guidance, and safety.
Brother Gord Sands
Stake Emergency Response Specialist
Vernon BC Stake